Proudly serving the community for over 45 years!
Since that time, the Grain Elevator site has become a very busy venue hosting "old fashioned" carnivals and fairs, specifically tailored towards children and families. Each year, thousands of visitors from Canada and around the world stop by to visit the Grain Elevator Museum, Archives, and Farmers' Market. The Agricultural Society sponsors the Spruce Grove Archives..
Several annual summer fund-raising events such as Flapjacks at the Tracks Community Pancake Breakfast, the Farm & Heritage Carnival, and the Harvest Fair are hosted by the Ag Society and are very popular among community members and visitors. Events hosted at the Elevator Museum site are for the purpose of raising funds to support ongoing maintenance and preservation of the Grain Elevator and restored Water Tower, educational programs, and the proposed new building on site.
- 2016 - Re-painting of the exterior, foundation, and wall repair, and front and back door replacement.
- 2016 - 3 new flag poles installed.
- 2016 - moved a donated vintage 1940's era little red barn onto the Spruce Grove Grain Elevator site.
- 2012 - painting and restoration of the wooden Grain Elevator Museum.
- 2011 - the restoration of the old Spruce Grove Water Tower that served Spruce Grove citizens until 1978.
- The Spruce Grove & District Agricultural Society's long-term goal is to build an Elevator Emporium - a building that will serve as a major tourist and heritage facility for the City of Spruce Grove. The building will be constructed on the elevator site and will resemble a period train station. It will house the Spruce Grove Archives, the Museum collection, Tea House, Gift Shop, and a conference room. This dynamic centre will serve visitors and tourists, but could also be used as a facility for community events and groups. In February 2016, a building project feasibility study was completed, and was presented to the City of Spruce Grove at a counsel meeting in June, 2016.
A huge Thank You to the businesses listed below!
Our community events would not be such a success without their support.
supportive new sponsors of which we are so incredibly grateful!
McLeod's Spruce Grove
The following businesses have been very supportive in the upkeep, repair, and maintenance of the historic wooden grain elevator and other buildings and grounds at the grain elevator site. The Ag Society would like to sincerely thank the businesses listed below for their continued support.
McLeod's Spruce Grove